What is a website audit?
Website auditing is a process of checking and analyzing your website performance and implementing a plan for better results in search engines. It is done to maximize the visibility of your website in search results.
It is a full analysis of everything related to your website’s level of search visibility in search engines.
A website audit gives you clear-cut results on
- Why your site is not generating enough traffic you wish for?
- Why your website’s sales and conversions are not improving?
Why we do website Audit?
So that’s the question right?
There are several websites with great content and well-optimized pages to rank for. But still, they prefer to audit their sites. Because the main intention of the site audit is to identify as many as foundational issues affecting your organic search results.
– You can compare yourself to your competitors.
– You can identify what changes you need to make and how to make them effectively and easily.
– You can find your website weakness and fix
Free tools you can try to audit for your website-
Factors to look out for:
1. Page titles
2. Meta description
3. Technical SEO
4. Perform website crawl to identify any issues.
5. Improve UI (user interface)
6. Improve UX (user experience)
7. Mobile friendly (SEO)
8. Check website speed
9. Keyword research
10. Check DNS settings