Part 4 – How to Create Database and Install WordPress
After adding the WordPress files into hosting account through FTP, Please follow the below steps to Create Database and Install WordPress:
- Login into your hosting account.
- In the Databases section, click the MySQL Database Wizard icon.
- Now we have to Create the Database, enter the database name, database user name, password and click on Create Database.
- Make note of the database name, username and password in the notepad.
- Go back to C-panel Dashboard.
- Now open wordpress folder in your PC and Rename the file from “wp-config-sample.php” to “wp-config.php”
- Right-click on the wp-config.php file and open it with notepad. After the opening the file, look for the following information:
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘database_name_here’);/** MySQL database name*/
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘username_here’);/** MySQL database username */
define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘password_here’);/** MySQL database password */
- Replace “database_name_here” with the “Database name” which you have created.
- Replace “username_here with the “Database username” which you have created.
- Finally, Replace “password_here” with the “password of the database” that you have given.
- Now Save the file.
- Login into your FTP account and delete “wp-config-sample.php” file and Upload latest “wp-config.php” file.
- After adding the file successfully into your FTP account. Open your website in new tab.
- Configure required details like site name and user details.
- Login into your site.
- Yes, your website is live now 🙂
Please feel free to comment below if you’ve any doubts. 😉 Don’t forget to share this page along with your friends.
Here is the Video for the same on “How to Create Database and Install WordPress – Part 4 Web development Tutorial” on our YouTube Channel.
Please subscribe to our channel for more videos on Web development Tutorials